Help us name the AGU22 Mascot! Propose a name you think would be a good fit for the AGU22 bear by 18 November. If your name is chosen, you could win an AGU22 bear! Name submissions will be curated by AGU staff and the top five choices will be put to public vote the last week of November. The name for the AGU22 mascot will be announced on AGU’s social channels on 6 December. The proposer of the winning name will be notified via email on Monday 5 December to arrange pick-up of their prize. If there are multiple submissions of the same name, proposers will be entered into a random drawing for the prize.
Submit your entry by midnight ET on Friday, 18 November.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age and provide their name and email in the Microsoft Form to be considered for the final prize, an AGU bear.
- By submitting a name to enter the contest, you are agreeing that AGU may use your name and social media handle (if applicable) in promotional materials.
- Winner will be contacted via email and announced on social media.
- Prize may not be exchanged for cash and is non-transferrable
- Prize can be shipped or collected on-site at Fall Meeting
- Contest entrants do not need to be registered for #AGU22 to participate
- Only one entry allowed per person
SELECTION OF WINNER / PRIZE RECIPIENT:
AGU staff will select five finalists from the submissions to put to a vote on our social media channels. Finalists will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Name creativity
- Name originality
Finalist submissions will be put up for a public vote and announced via AGU Weekly and on AGU social media channels. Voting will be open from Monday, November 28 – Friday, December 1 and will take place via a Microsoft Form.
The final AGU22 mascot name will be revealed on Tuesday, 6 December. Winner will be contacted via email. If multiple entries are submitted for the same winning name, a randomized drawing will take place to select the winner. Prize may be shipped or collected on-site at AGU’s Fall Meeting in Chicago.