Help us name the AGU23 Mascot!
Propose a name you think would be a good fit for the AGU23 sea lion by 17 November. If your name is chosen, you could win an AGU23 sea lion!
Name submissions will be curated by AGU staff and the top five choices will be put to public vote the last week of November. The name for the AGU23 mascot will be announced on AGU’s social channels on 7 December. The proposer of the winning name will be notified via email on Monday 4 December to arrange pick-up of their prize. If there are multiple submissions of the same name, proposers will be entered into a random drawing for the prize.
Submit your entry by midnight ET on Friday, 17 November.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age and provide their name and email in the Microsoft Form to be considered for the final prize, an AGU23 Sea Lion.
- By submitting a name to enter the contest, you are agreeing that AGU may use your name and social media handle (if applicable) in promotional materials.
- Winner will be contacted via email and announced on social media.
- Prize may not be exchanged for cash and is non-transferrable
- Prize can be shipped or collected on-site at AGU23
- Contest entrants do not need to be registered for AGU23 to participate
- Only one entry allowed per person
SELECTION OF WINNER / PRIZE RECIPIENT:
AGU staff will select five finalists from the submissions to put to a vote on our social media channels. Finalists will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Name creativity
- Name originality
Finalist submissions will be put up for a public vote and announced via AGU Weekly and on AGU social media channels. Voting will be open from Monday, 27 November – Friday, 1 December and will take place via a Microsoft Form.
The final AGU23 mascot name will be revealed on Thursday, 7 December. Winner will be contacted via email. If multiple entries are submitted for the same winning name, a randomized drawing will take place to select the winner. Prize may be shipped or collected on-site at AGU23 in San Francisco.